Do I have to report a raise in a chapter 13 bankruptcy?

I filed a pro se bankruptcy with help of a paralegal service that did the paperwork. Everything is going well and my confirmation is in 5 months.

However, I just got a raise and was wondering if I can just bring it up at the confirmation hearing or I have to modify the petition?

A: The simple answer is “Yes” you will need to report your change in income to the trustee. If you are paying less than 100% back to your creditors you must include your recent pay raise in the plan. Your plan should be amended to reflect the increase.

* You and I do not have an attorney-client relationship formed by our communications on this website. Advice given by me on this website is general advice based on partial information. You should not rely on any advice given without first hiring a lawyer in the area where the case is pending, and providing that lawyer with full information.

Answered by:

The My AZ Lawyers
1731 W. Baseline Road, Suite 101
Mesa, Arizona 85202
Office: (480) 263-1699

, Mesa AZ Bankruptcy Lawyer.
Re-Posted from AVVO Legal Questions and Answers.